Australia enjoys a rich diversity of people, with many languages, religions and birthplaces.

The Australian Government is committed to providing appropriate services for all its citizens regardless of their backgrounds.

For example, if you need an interpreter to help, you can ask for one at any of our service centres.

Or you can call the Multilingual Phone Service on 131 202 to speak to someone in your language about Centrelink payments and services.

For Medicare and Child Support services you can call the Translating and Interpreting Service, TIS National, on 131 450. They will connect you with us. Call charges may apply.

If you need documents translated to help you claim a payment, we can arrange that for you. This service is free.

We also have Multicultural Service Officers to help connect migrant and refugee communities with Australian Government services.

They work with the community, customers and our staff to help improve our services.

There is information on our website, including information translated in over 60 languages.

You can select your language and read, listen to or watch information about our payments and services.

Just go to the ‘Your Language’ page of our website at

Our migrants, refugees and visitors webpage is regularly updated with the latest information about changes to payments and services. From this page, you can also subscribe to our monthly email to get news updates. You can stop your subscription at any time.

And if you speak Arabic, Chinese, Persian Farsi or Vietnamese and have a smart phone or other mobile device, you can report your income and update other details using the Express Plus Lite mobile app.

If you’ve recently arrived in Australia with a refugee or humanitarian visa or have been granted a permanent protection visa, we can help you settle into your new life.

We can provide help and information about the range of payments and services available to you, like giving you an interim Medicare card or referring you to employment and community service providers.

For more information go to:


• call 131 202 to speak to someone in your language about Centrelink payments and services

• call 131 450—the Translating and Interpreting Service, TIS National—about Medicare and Child Support payments and services.

You can also visit a service centre

Contact Centrelink Multilingual Call Centre

Phone: 131 202

NDIS Support Coordination